According to Martha C. White of Time.com, a whopping 30% of shoppers project that they will not complete their Christmas shopping until Christmas Eve. With approximately 325,000,000 people in the United States, it seems like a pretty safe bet that come Christmas Eve, stores will be chaotic, and lines will be insane.
For all of you who fall within that 30%, don’t be despondent: to help you give your Christmas shopping a happy ending, we have pinpointed five helpful Christmas apps. With these little helpers, gift shopping this year can become more simple, more affordable, and more time efficient than ever.
- Santa’s Bag – This app helps you plan gifts and wish lists, set gift quantities, create a budget and track its progress, share gifts and preferences with family and friends, and on top of that provides a Christmas countdown down to the second!
- Not On the High Street – If you are looking for something creative and unique, check out this app. It calls itself a “marketplace,” with everything on the site created by a small business, all products will be sent directly to you from said small business. If you are looking to quickly buy something inimitable, this app is the one for you.
- Inkly: The Best Christmas Card & Postcard App – This app will help you make and send personally designed cards and postcards, right from your mobile device! Furthermore, they promise to have your Christmas wishes out the same day you create them!
- Quick Scan – This app will save you a lot of time and gas money. Instead of running all over town looking for a bargain, you can scan the barcode of any given product, and it will show you all the other locations in your area where this product is sold for cheaper.
- Pinterest – Now that Pinterest has ‘buyable pins’, it has become quite the place for Christmas shopping. Furthermore, it can simplify the hunt for the perfect gift. Just take a look at what your friends and family have been pinning, and you can instantly get an idea of what they want for Christmas. It’s as easy as that.
This Christmas season, don’t waste your time standing in lines and searching store after store for the perfect card or gift. Instead, download one or more of these apps to help you complete your shopping, leaving time for you to enjoy this most wonderful time of the year. Don’t forget the peppermint and eggnog.